Friday, December 28, 2012

You're A...

BOY!

I guess Dad was right all along! "Father knows best" ;) So much has happened since my last post but I'll probably break it up into a couple posts.


First of all, we had our most exciting Dr. visit yet! I had been counting the days til I'd get to see you again (Dec. 21st) and was so excited that I almost forgot about Christmas! I feel like my Christmas was really a few days early ;) Dad tried to record again this time, but they said it was not aloud so I just have to try to remember the best I can. First they measured all the things that help them know if you are growing on track and if everything looks healthy. We saw your kidneys, your spine, your little beating heart, they measured your femur and lots of other things. Everything looked healthy and you are growing slightly bigger than my due date, so that's good... for you (not as much for me ;) Mrs. Sarah Thomas told me to drink some caffeine before the appointment so you'd be moving around and so it'd be easier to see if you were a boy or a girl. So, I drank half a Mt. Dew right before and it sure worked! You were moving like crazy! At one point it looked like you were standing on your head or you were going to do a forward roll or something. It sometimes made it difficult for her to measure, but she said she would rather you be moving all around than to be sleeping in a bad position for her to see everything. We saw what looked like a big yawn and she got a picture of it. I'm not gonna lie, your face is pretty scary lookin' right now because it still just looks like a skeleton, but you have a cute profile :) Dad thinks you have me nose. 

One time you were facing us and had your mouth open and your hands up by your face and it looked like you were pretending to be a dinosaur. So, after we looked at everything else she looked to see if you were a boy or girl... and you made it pretty easy for us ;) She said "Well, it doesn't get much more spread eagle than that". You are no doubt a boy. The pictures are pretty funny. I'll put them all in your baby book :) I was a little surprised because my intuition had been leaning toward girl, but I'm SO EXCITED! I looked at Dad right away because I wanted to see his face. I wanted you to be a boy because I knew secretly he really wanted a son first, but we would have been happy either way. The only thing is we had a girl name picked out (Kate Elizabeth), but didn't really have any ideas for a boy name. I've been making lists every day and running them by dad... this is going to be tricky ;)



I just thought this was funny ^^



2 comments: